Feb 4, 2012
Google Analytics account may be useful for your website to control the number of visitors or page views. This article is aimed to perform some tricks which you may use for your website and see the more benefits of using Google Analytics. So they are:
- Setting up goals is usually neglected but it is the foundation of your website analysis. You should define the purpose of your website and then basing on it, set up goals. These goals are helpful to track conversion rates and get info about the main traffic sources to know visitors, the keywords used by your clients, most used pages to signup for your newsletter, etc.
- Connect your Google Analytics with Google Webmaster Tools account to get access to the new Search Engine Optimization reports. It helps you to learn top search keywords and landing pages. So you may define how to improve low click keywords rates, what landing pages should be run through an on-page optimization process which may increase their rates and what your target market is.
- The Average Page Load Time shows how long your pages should be loaded. So you may see that some your pages require speeding up the load time. And as it is known, a good load speed not only pleases your visitors but also increases your rankings.
- Enabling site search in Google Analytics is a great way to see what the most important and popular keywords among your readers. Then you may just use them to optimize your pages and bring more targeted traffic to your website.
- Tracking events helps to control the number of people who download your eBooks, what display of signup form is more effective( below the post, sidebar or about the page), who clicks on your ads and which of them work more efficiently, etc. For better identifying of your events, there are some features as category (what you want to track, for instance, ads, signup forms), action (to define what visitors do: click, stop, play), label (to define the type of event), and value of event.
- Real-Time Reporting is aimed to display information about visitors who are on your website in a definite moment. You may know how many of them, where they are from, what pages they visit and how they arrived on your website.
- Using of Multi-Channel Funnels helps you to track other sources (ads, social media, etc) that the visitor used to reach your website, not only the last source used by the visitor to convert.
- Plot Rows helps to get more insights from your metrics and check how most important keywords, referrals or pages are compared with each other and with the overall metrics of the site.
- Google Analytics has modified a custom dashboard and now it is available not only one dashboard customized to your needs but there may be up to 20.